Thursday, April 23, 2015

Psalm 105

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; 
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts. 
Glory in his holy name; 
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 
Look to the LORD and his strength; 
seek his face always. 
Remember the wonders he has done, 
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, 
O descendants of Abraham his servant, 
O sons Jacob, his chosen ones. 
He is the LORD our God; 
his judgments are in all the earth. 
He remembers his covenant forever, 
the word he commanded, for a thousand generations... [emphasis mine]

I had one those roullette Bible study moments the other day- you know where you can't decide what to study and you flip your Bible open and point (also the method every youth leader cautions against)? It was like that. I have to be honest, my Bible reading lately has been almost extinct for various reasons. So I had about fifteen minutes before I had to leave for work (which almost never happens these early mornings), and I flipped my Bible open to the Psalms stumbling upon Psalm 105. 

It. was. exactly. what. I. needed. "Make known among the nations what he has done"?!? Isn't that what I'll be doing in June?? [Isn't that what I should be doing now?] As I continued reading verses I've read several time in my life it was like reading it with fresh eyes. The Psalmist continues to explain God's Covenant with the nation of Israel and how he redeemed them from Egypt, but also the impact on Israel for disobeying God's commands. Soooo good and I'll continue to study it in the next coming days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fundraising took off since last I wrote. I gave a presentation at Mt. Hope on Sunday and they so generously took up a special offering for me! I received 23% of the cost of my trip from them!! I was/am overwhelmed by their love of God, love of the saints, and willingness to help send me
You can view the presentation (without my voice-over, of course) here: 
http://prezi.com/faliczsmfxsj/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

I have just over $400 left to raise! Jehovah Jireh. God our Provider. 

If you'd like to contribute to the cause, there is still time!

[Online: https://ecmafrica.givecorps.com/…/3333-short-term-missions-…
By mail: Every Child Ministries | PO Box 810 | Hebron, IN 46341]

Because online donations are not processed until the 15th of the following month, the absolute last date to donate online is APRIL 30TH.

Any thing donated online after April 30th goes into the general fund for ECM (which is also a good cause ;) just be aware that's where it is going).

All snail mail donations must be mailed in by MAY 20th.

Blessings to all,

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment