Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Teaching, Even Though I'm Not A Teacher

The past few days, the team has been corresponding to get acquainted with each other. So far, I know I am traveling with two lifelong teachers. This intimidates me some because I am not a teacher by trade and I already feel a little inferior to their expertise. However, I am also excited to hear their stories,  learn from their knowledge, and partner with them on this endeavor.

After explaining that my undergrad degree is essentially biology (zoology) and my grad degree is in public health, Lyla, the team leader, suggested I develop science materials, specifically focused on the scientific method as well as agriculture. This is exciting because a major part of the project in Liberia was focused on agriculture and we facilitated some really fun experiments I can recycle and modify for this project. My plan is to teach the students the scientific method by carrying out experiments with the water cycle, plant growth, and wind, solar, and bio-gas energy; I just need to figure out what in-country materials will be available to the students. 

I am also potentially developing materials for hand-washing, but that is TBD still.


Fundraising has been a slow, steady increase. As of today, I am at about 40% of total costs raised, and 2/3 of airfare covered. Airfare costs must be fully covered by April 27th (11 days!) and I am a little nervous about getting it all in on time. However, I know God will provide :)

If you'd like to partner with me financially, you can donate online until April 30th or by sending a check with my name on the memo line by May 20th

Online: Go to https://ecmafrica.givecorps.com/projects/3333-short-term-missions-sarah-scott and make a donation there.

By mail: Every Child Ministries | PO Box 810 | Hebron, IN 46341


Blessings to All!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment